Parking for orientation will be in the Lane Stadium lot (football stadium) at the intersection of Southgate Drive and Beamer Way. The Lane Stadium lot is the only authorized parking lot for orientation. You will receive a parking permit as you enter the Lane Stadium lot.
Lane Stadium lot
285 Beamer Way
Blacksburg, VA 24061
To reach campus from Interstate 81 (southbound and northbound) follow the directions below.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West. This exit connects directly to the Christiansburg Bypass.
- Follow the signs for Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. The U.S. 460 bypass between Blacksburg and Christiansburg creates a limited-access highway from I-81 to the campus entrance at Southgate Drive.
- Watch signs carefully for routes and directions. From the bypass, Bus.U.S. 460, exit onto South Main Street to the right.
- Stay on U.S. 460 West, signed for "Virginia Tech, Bluefield," to continue directly to the university.
- Follow U.S. 460 through the traffic light at VA 314, Southgate Drive and take the Prices Fork Exit towards downtown.
- Travel .6 mile to West Campus Drive. Merge into the right turn lane to yield right onto West Campus Drive.
- Follow West Campus Drive .7 mile to the traffic circle.
- Take the second exit out of the traffic circle onto Washington Street.
- Follow Washington Street passing the Coliseum parking lot and turn right onto Beamer Way.
- The Lane Stadium Parking Lot will be past the stadium on your left.
- For more information.